Sunday, July 22, 2018

1851 TEA GROWING EXPERIMENT



SUCCESS OF THE TEA PLANT IN THE U.S. 1851


This account was found in the Tuesday , July 22, 1851 Washington, D. C. Daily

American Telegraph and given by Junius Smith, LL & D , of his successful

experiment of growing the tea plant in America.


“ Before me I have a pot of green tea, fresh, that was grown on my plantation. From

the picking of the leaves to the drinking of the tea was done in private. Drying was done by

solar heat only. Drying is so simple that any farmer can make his own tea, just as he does

making bread.

My tea does not have the fragrance of imported Hyson Tea, but the taste is more pure and

clean to the mouth. It has not the slightest disagreeable taste but a full delicious flavor,

a purity and presence of a sweet refreshing beverage.

My tea is so peculiar that I use it without sugar and milk and have the taste of tea only. If a

tea is good anything added is a detriment “


Abstract: Washington, DC, Daily American Telegraph, 22 July 1851
by Harrison H for www.iinni.blogspot.com & Facebook







No comments:

Post a Comment