Wednesday, July 11, 2018

JOAN NAGY JUNE 1988



JOAN NAGY ARTICLE
JUNE 1988
NEATNICKS


Joan Nagy wrote articles, she called them “From Me To You”. Always at the end she would
have a recipe, always delicious.
This article is titled “ Neatnicks” and was in the June 1988 issue of Milton's Chamber
Clipper news letter.

Afternoon 14 July 1983, a cobweb was found in Isabell Nagy's living room, there it was,
under the sofa, hanging in it's filmy glory. Sue Cleaver saw it first and declared “ I
never thought I would see a cobweb in Isabell Nagy's house” . Isabell is my mother and she
was super neat, her home always clean and cozy. Always greeted you at the door with
“dont look at this filthy house but come on in” . Her kitchen was always clean, even as she
cook meals, washed pots and pans as she went along.. Dad was different and loved to cook,
but the kitchen looks as if he mixed everything in an open top blender.

Sister Arden, was a neatnick,, she had fits because her socks wrinkled. Mom would tell her
socks bend when you walk. Arden stayed neat all the time, for the hole week, but I never
lasted till dinner time, I was one mess. Like me my room was a mess, mom would say she
needed a bull dozer to get in .

Once I came home . The kid sitting around the TV, and as I entered noticed a string on the
floor, bent and picked it up. The kids fell all over the place laughing . They had placed the
string there and bet their friends the first thin I would do is pick it up.


Here's the recipe. Three bean casserole in the crockpot. It's Sue Cleaver's recipe.

1-1/2 lb ground beef, ½ lb bacon, diced, cup of chopped onion, 1 lb pork & beans,
can kidney beans, can butter beans, cup catsup, ¼ cup brown sugar, oz white vinegar,
salt & pepper to taste Cook 4 to 6 hours on low.



ABSTRACT: June 1988 Milton Chamber Clipper New Letter By Harrison H 07/11/18

for www.iinni.blogspot.com & Facebook










No comments:

Post a Comment